Your San Diego Convention Center Hotel
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island is the perfect lodging option for your next visit to the San Diego Convention Center. Just a scenic, four mile, ocean side drive from the convention center, our harbor side hotel provides a relaxing resort feel to help you unwind after a long day of cardiology meetings or realtor expos.
Our complimentary airport shuttle service, phenomenal on-site Panorama Bar & Grill, close proximity to San Diego International Airport, and excellent business amenities make us the ideal hotel option for a quick business trip. If you plan to stay longer, Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island offers bicycle and car rentals to help you navigate downtown attractions or visit the greater San Diego area.
Whether you're turning a trip to Comic Con into a mini-vacation or keeping up on the latest industry trends, Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island has got you covered.
2017 San Diego Convention Center Calendar of Events
April 12 - 13, 2017: National Indian Gaming Association Annual
April 13, 2017: SD County Apartment Association 43rd Annual Conf & Expo
April 19 - 20, 2017: Warrior Expo West
April 21, 2017: 2017 AAO Annual Session
April 25, 2017: San Diego National College Fair
April 27, 2017: SDAR 2017 Realtors Expo & Conference
April 27 - May 2, 2017: American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2017 Annual
May 1, 2017: California Solar Power Expo
May 6 - 9 2017: ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting
May 13, 2017: University Of Phoenix Graduation Spring 2017
May 15 - 18, 2017: Best Buy Company - 2017 Achievers
May 17, 2017: SDG&E Annual Energy Showcase Expo
May 20 - 24, 2017: 2017 APA Annual Meeting - Prevention Through Partnerships
May 31 - June 3, 2017: 2017 Vascular Annual Meeting / Society For Vascular Surgery
June 1 - 3, 2017: Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Health & Fitness Expo
June 6, 2017: Friends of the Badge
June 9 - 13, 2017: American Diabetes Association
June 19 - 22, 2017: 2017 BIO International Convention
June 25, 2017: Eid Al-Fitr Prayer Service 2017
June 26 - 29, 2017: 2017 APA Annual Meeting - Prevention Through Partnerships
June 26 - 27, 2017: Festival Of Genomics 2017 / Clarion Events
June 28 - 29, 2017: Pacific Coast Builders Conference / PCBC 2017
June 29, 2017: AVID Summer Institute 2017
About the Convention Center
The state-of-the-art San Diego Convention Center provides world-class service, ample flexible space, breathtaking harbor-side views, and easy access to San Diego International Airport and downtown attractions. It’s no wonder the SDCC hosts some of the largest and most famous conventions in the nation.
Originally built in 1989, the Arthur Erickson structure has since doubled in size to provide more expansive floor plans, terraces, atmosphere, and amenities to make each event a memorable experience. Here is a quick run-down of the specs:
- Accommodates up to 125,000 attendees.
- Provides 2.6 million sq. ft. of vast floor space.
- Has 2 ballrooms, 1 exhibit hall, 72 meeting rooms, 1 pavilion, and a series of outdoor terraces.
- Designed with a 90,000 sq. ft. Sails Pavilion with Teflon-coated fiberglass sails to mimic boats in San Diego Bay.
- Features an inclined elevator to carries guests diagonally alongside the building's exterior.
- Parking is available in a 1,950 space underground garage and a 2,000 space open air garage across the street.
- Connects guests with the newest technology in high-speed Internet, webcasting, and A/V services.
- Offers a user-friendly business center with a FedEx Office location.
- Honored with a LEED Silver Certification for its environmentally friendly facilities.
- Famously hosts Comic Con, the largest and longest running comic book and pop culture convention in North America.
San Diego Convention Center Parking
Parking at the San Diego Convention Center can be daunting. Don't let it. Here's what you need to know:
- An underground garage on Harbor Drive between 1st and 5th Avenue provides 1,950 spaces and costs $15 per day. (Note: the rate can increase to $25 a day if there’s a special downtown event.)
- An above-ground parking garage directly across the street at Harbor and 8th provides an additional 2,000 spaces.
- There are several private garages and parking lots downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter with various rates.
- Pro-tip: Metered spots on the street are free on Sundays and certain holidays.
Directions to the San Diego Convention Center
- Head east on Harbor Island Drive (.6 miles)
- Veer left to stay on Harbor Island Drive (.4 miles)
- Turn right on to N Harbor Drive (3 miles)